I am a firm believer that if you want something, you have to ask for it. And if there’s nobody specific to ask, then put it out there in the universe. I know that sounds really new-agey, but in my experience it actually works. So, I decided to put together a little list (and you know how I love lists!) of what I really want for Christmas. Well…what I want in addition to that gorgeous cardigan from Anthropologie and world peace.
1. Less “selfies”…not just the photos, but the word itself.
2. More Malala. I was thrilled that Malala Yousafzai became the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize and would love to see more young people stepping up and becoming role models ala Malala…rather than Miley. Just saying.
3. Air quotes around the word reality in the term “Reality TV”. There is nothing “real” about any of these shows. The only real reactions captured on television happen when those being filmed don’t know they’re being filmed…which leads me to the next item on my wish list…
4. An updated version of the show Candid Camera (but only if it will forever be Kardashian-free).
5. A hack-proof Internet and Cloud. Pretty sure every executive at Sony is also hoping for this, as are all the celebrities who’s nude photos were stolen and leaked.
6. A BS meter for Facebook posts. ‘Cause I really want to know if everybody is having more fun than I am, or if it just appears that way on social media. Not EVERYTHING is AMAZING, right?
7. And while I’m on the topic of Facebook, I’d like women to stop posting “make up free” photos when they clearly have make up on. Just. Stop. Please. You aren’t fooling anyone but yourself.
8. For telemarketers to stop calling my house. I have an unlisted number, and am on the “do not call” list neither of which seems to be any kind of deterrent.
9. Comfortable Spanx. That’s currently an oxymoron. But if we can put a man on the moon, I think we should be able to do something about that.
10. If I can’t have comfortable Spanx, how about a fat free, sugar free, but incredibly delicious lifetime supply of chocolate. Then I would have no need for Spanx and I’d probably be in a much better mood when telemarketers call my house.
Like this post? Then by all means, subscribe to my newsletter (link is below). You’ll get more of this and then some! By then some I mean recipes, fun videos, lifestyle tips, etc. The newsletter is FREE (as is the snark).